Do you have a photography website? Are you planning on creating one? Search engine optimization or SEO has become one of the most important elements of website success. Modern local clients are using the opportunity to check the work of a photographer online before contacting them. So, in case you are focused on local clients, having a photo website is a must. Of course, investing in SEO is one of the best photography tips you can get. In this article, we will explain the most efficient SEO tips for photography websites.
- Purchase a unique domain name now! Keep in mind that older domains usually rank better compared to brand new domain names. There are many tools that can help you find the best domain name.
- Put the name/address of your photo website on other websites related to networking and photography. Don’t hesitate to invest in ads on these websites because you will get better exposure.
- It is the best idea to use an HTML website if you are concerned about SEO. Flash sites are very difficult for optimization. Unfortunately, search engines cannot recognize these codes and they can’t help you rank better in the search engine result pages. If you are not sure how HTML works, hire a web developer or designer.
- Another good idea is to think about backlinking. Ask other websites related to photography whether they will post a link to your website in case you share unique content (blog post for example) on their website. Don’t forget that not every website is the same and some of them have way better reputation than the others. Stick to a website with high domain authority and page rank.
- Share useful content on your website. This content must include some popular and trending keywords related to your industry – photography. Watch for keyword density and don’t overuse keywords.
- We should also mention that adding a blog section to your website is another useful move. Search engines are fond of blog posts especially if they contain useful, relevant and up-to-date info.
- If you want to feel the power of SEO, you should also update your content on a regular basis. Update the existing content and share a new
In case you want to get the most from SEO for your photo website, it is the best move to hire a professional.
- 5 Trends that Define Photography Website Design
- Marketing Your Business Photography: All You Need to Know about Social Media for Professional Photographers
— Michelle O (@MsPurplePumpkin) 12 de julio de 2017